Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are you located? We are located in Woodinville, Washington, about 15 miles outside of Seattle.
- Will I be able to meet both the mom and dad of the puppies? Unfortunately no – I only have girls here at Kazuri. This means that I have to find the best studs around the US or even abroad when I want to have a litter. You will only get to meet the mom of the litter. However, most of my dogs are related and so you will get a good idea of the temperament of my bloodline when you come to meet them.
- You do health testing – does this guarantee my dog is going to be healthy for it’s whole life? I wish i could say “YES” to this. But I cant. I do health testing, because I want to make the best, most educated guess and minimize the odds of producing puppies that could get sick. However, genetics can always throw you a curve ball, and that is something you can not always predict. I will always work hard to do as much as I can, to minimize the odds of breeding dogs who have health issues.
- When can we come and visit? Well, I more than happy for you to arrange a time to come and visit us, even if we dont have puppies. If we have a litter, we dont let visitors come and visit before 6 weeks just to let the puppies get old enough for us to start to see their structure and perhaps start narrowing down who might stay here at Kazuri as our next show prospect
- Do you have a kennel? No, we dont have a “kennel”. Our dogs all live in our home (and on our couches). The puppies are born in our living room and we raise them there so they are used to being handled frequently by our children, and also used to normal household noises and activity,
- Do you have puppies all the time? No – I only have a limited number of litters per year. This is because I breed with purpose. My dams have to have finished their health testing before they can be bred. They also will only have a maximum of 2 litters in a row before having a years break. Because they go into season every 6-12 months, I might only have 1 or 2 litters in a calendar year. Lastly, I can not guarantee which month they will occur as I can not control my dam’s heat cycles. I have to go with whatever time Mother Nature gives me. 🙂
- When we can choose our puppy? With any litter, we dont make any promises of any specific puppies to families till between 6-8 weeks. This is because our primary goal in breeding is always to find a new show prospect for ourselves. Once we have decided on that one, we place the others in their forever companion homes. We do our best to match the temperaments and energy levels to each family, rather have families choose based on looks.
- What do your puppy’s come with? They all come with AKC limited registration paperwork (non breeding), microchipped, their first vaccines, de-wormed, a bag of food and a blanket they have been sleeping on.
- Do you ever have older dogs available? Occasionally we will have an older puppy or retired show dog available. Older dogs do have benefits over a puppy – they are already crate trained, potty trained and leash trained. If you would like to be considered for one of these, please let us know.